Đề thi học kì 2 môn Tiếng Anh 9 năm 2020 – Trường THCS Tây Sơn – Phú Yên – Đề số 2
(Có đáp án)
Để giúp các em học tập và chuận bị tốt nhất cho kỳ thi học kì 2. Cùng chia sẻ với các em bộ đề thi kiểm tra học kì 2 môn tiếng Anh của trường THCS Tây Sơn.
PHÒNG GD&ĐT HUYỆN TÂY HÒA
TRƯỜNG THCS TÂY SƠN
ĐỀ THI HỌC KỲ II – NĂM HỌC 2019-2020
Môn: Tiếng Anh 9
Thời gian làm bài: 45 phút (Không kể thời gian phát đề)
I. Choose the word whose underlined part is pronounced differently from the rest. (1 point)
1. A.favorite B. picnic C. divide D.plastic
2. A.open B. polluted C.household D. solar
3. A. asks B. describes C. loves D. feels
4. A. ended B. wanted C. completed D.finished
II. Complete each sentence with the appropriate form of the word in brackets. (1 point)
5. The sky is very ___________________. It’s going to rain. (CLOUD)
6. He is an ______________ student and he has taken part in different school activities. (ACT)
7. The old woman walked ______________ to her room. (SLOW)
8. He is one of the most famous __________________ in the world. (SCIENCE)
III. Choose the word/ phrase (A, B, C, D) that best fits the space in each sentence. (3.5 points)
9. We listened _________ while the teacher was explaining the answers.
10. Mary wishes she ____________ speak Vietnamese.
11. A tropical storm ____________ reaches 120 km per hour is called a typhoon in Asia.
12. What would you do if you _________a UFO?
D. will see
13. What should we do to reduce the level of environmental ______?
14. A huge earthquake ____________ the city of Kobe in Japan in 1995 and killed a large number of people.
15. They didn’t go on a picnic_______ the weather was awful.
16. I suggest __________ a poster on energy saving and hanging it around our school?
B. to make
17. He is the man ___________ helped me yesterday.
18. He asked me ___________
A. where did I live
B. where I live
C. where do I live
D. where I lived
19. Lan is very tired. ________ , she has to finish her assignment before going to bed.
20. If we __________ littering, the environment will be polluted.
A. turn on
B. turn off
C. go to
D. go on
21 Ba: “I’ve passed my final exam.” Binh: “______”.
A. Yes, let’s.
B. Good luck
C. I see. Thank you.
22. I _______ John since he moved to our neighborhood.
B. has known
C. have known
IV. Choose the word or phrase (A, B. C or D) that best fits each blank in the following passage. (1 point)
Solar energy is a long lasting source of energy, and it can (23)________almost anywhere. To generate solar energy, we only need solar cells and the (24) ________! Solar cells can easily be installed (25) ____________ house roofs, so we don’t need any new space. Compared to other renewable sources, they also possess many advantages: wind and water power rely on turbines (26) ___________ are noisy, expensive and which take up large space. Solar cells are totally silent and non-polluting. As they have no moving parts, they require little maintenance and have a long lifetime.
A. is used
B. be using
C. be used
D. to be used
V. Read the passage and choose the best option A, B, C or D to answer the questions. (1.5 points)
The people of Kiribati are afraid that one day in the not-too distant future, their country will disappear from the face of the earth – literally. Several times this year, the Pacific island nation has been flooded by a sudden high tide. These tides, which swept across the island and destroyed houses, came when there was neither wind nor rain. “This never happened before”, say the older citizens of Kiribati.
What is causing these mysterious high tides? The answer may well be global warming. When fuels like oil and coal are being burned, pollutants are released; this pollutants trap heat in the earth’s atmosphere. Warmer temperatures cause water to expand and also create more water by melting glaciers and polar ice caps.
If the trend continues, scientists say, many countries will suffer. Bangladesh, for example, might lose one-fifth of its land. The coral island nations of the Pacific, like Kiribati and the Marshall Islands, however would have a worse result – they would disappear into the sea. The loss of these coral formations would be everyone’s loss. Coral formations are home to more species than any other place on earth.
Question 27: According to the passage, this year, the high tides came when ________
A. there weren’t rain and wind
B. there was wind with no rain
C. there were wind and rain
D. there was rain with no wind
Question 28: The cause of the high tides may be ________
A. the sea
B. global warming
C. the sun
D. the loss of the coral island
Question 29: Burning fuels like oil and coal may cause_________
A. pollutants to release
B. heat to be trapped in the earth’s atmosphere
C. glaciers and polar ice caps to be melt
D. all are correct.
Question 30: If global warming continues, Bangladesh _________
A. might lose all of its land
B. might disappear into the sea.
C. would have a worse result
D. might lose one-fifth of its land
Question 31: The word “they” in the last paragraph refers to ________
B. many countries
C. the coral island nations of the Pacific
Question 32: Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?
A. Huge tides never happened in Kiribati before.
B. Warmer temperatures don’t cause water to expand.
C. Kiribati and the Marshall Islands are not coral island nations of the Pacific..
D. Coral formations aren’t home to any species.
VI. Finish the second sentence so that it has the same meaning as the first one. (2 points)
33. The weather is too terrible for us to go out.
→ If the weather were ____________________________________________.
34. I can’t answer all the questions.
→ I wish _______________________________________________________.
35. We were late for school because it rained heavily.
→ Because of____________________________________________________.
36. All visitors to the city was impressed by its beauty.
→ Everyone who _________________________________________________.
I. 1 point (0.25p for each correct answer)
1. C 2. B 3. A 4. D
II. 1 point (0.25p for each correct answer)
III. 3.5 points (0.25p for each correct answer)
9. D 10. B 11. C 12. B 13. A
14. A 15. A 16. C 17. B 18. D
19. A 20. D 21. D 22. C
IV. 1 point (0.25p for each correct answer)
V. 1 point (0.25p for each correct answer)
27. A 28. B 29. D
30. D 31. C 32. A
VI. 2 point s (0.5p for each correct answer)
33. If the weather were not terrible (0,25p), we would go out (0.25p).
34. I wish I could answer all the questions (0.5p)
35. Because of the heavy rain, we were late for school. (0.5p)
IF: Because of (the) rain, we were late for school. (0.25p)
36. Everyone who visited the city was impressed by its beauty. (0.5p)
IF: Everyone who visit the city was impressed by its beauty (0.25p)
Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh
Đề thi học kì 2 môn Tiếng Anh 9 năm 2020 – Trường THCS Tây Sơn – Phú Yên – Đề số 1
Đề thi vào lớp 10 năm học 2019 – 2020 môn tiếng Anh của Sở GD&ĐT Hà Nội