Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh – Đề số 13 (Có đáp án)
(1-3). Choose the word whose underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others.
1. a. guest b. gather c. gold d. gentle
2. a. face b. plate c. band d. label
3. a. reduced b. published c. escaped d. received
(4-5). Choose the word whose main stress pattern is not the same as that of the others.
II. GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY
(6-25). Choose the word or phrase (a, b, c or d) that best fits the blank space in each sentence.
6. We will fly to Ha Noi ______ the third of June.
7. What do you think about the girls who are always proud__________ their beauty.
8. Kate’s been at my house 8 o’clock this morning.
9. Jack is very good________ repairing things.
10. They’re going to replace the old wooden bridge________ one made of concrete.
11. I do not particularly like the climate here I believe it is very healthy.
12. She has worked as a secretary since she______from college.
b. was graduated
c. was graduating
d. had graduated
13. I’m not accustomed______up so early.
a. to getting
b. to get
c. by getting
14. Your English is improving. It’s getting___________ .
a. good and good
b. good and better
c. best and best
d. better and better
15. Wild animals are________almost everywhere.
a. serious threatened
b. seriously threatened
c. seriously threaten
d. threatened serious
16. Do your parents mind_________ home?
a. you to leave
b. you leave
c. your leaving
d. your leave
17. Who will take_______ of your children while you’re at work?
18. You can ask for help _____ you need it.
19. The next bus ______ at 7:15.
b. is going
c. to leave
d. is leaving
20. The flight was put off because of the bad weather.
d. will be leaving
21. When people talk about large rivers, the first __________ to my mind is the Mekong River.
b. will come
c. that comes
d. postponed to my mind is the
22. There will be a meeting tomorrow,__________ ?
a. is it
b. will it
c. will there
d. to come
23. I wish I______ work tomorrow.
a. won’t have to
b. doesn’t have to
c. didn’t have
d. won’t there
24. I was________ to find that the film was quite__________
a. surprised – frightening
b. surprised – frightened
c. surprising – frightening
d. surprising – frightened
25. ‘Thank you for your help, Judy.’ ‘__________ ’
a. It’s my pleasure
b. With all my heart,
c. Never mind me.
d. Same to you.
(26-30). Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting.
26. Susan had better to change (A) her study habits(B) if she hopes to be admitted (C) to a good (D) university.
27. The teacher told (A) the students don’t discuss(B) the exam questions with (C) each other (D).
28. He is one of the (A) most interested(B) people we have ever (C) known and talked (D) to
29. To his parents’ (A) great disappointing (B) , he failed (C) the final (D)
30. I couldn’t go to Jane’s party (A) last night because (B) I had to (C) do a lot of homeworks (D).
(31-35). Use the correct form of the word given in each sentence.
31. People must have_________ for the air pollution, (responsible)
32. He failed the final exam because he didn’t make any________ for it. (prepare)
33. He was injured in the first game and_________ missed the final, (lucky)
34. My first_________ of him was favorable, (impress)
35. Please listen to my words___________ . (care)
(36-45). Choose the word or phrase (a, b, c or d) that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
Human have long been fascinated by outer space, and have wondered if there are intelligent life-forms (36)________ , which we might be able to contact. Naturally, we’ve all seen space (37)________ on our TV and cinema screens, but ‘aliens’ like these owe more to the convenience of using (38)________ actors to play the part than to any (39)_______ form of scientific investigation. However, many serious (40)_______ researchers are now beginning to turn their attention to the question of what alien life might (41)__________ look like. One early result is Arnold the Alien, designed by biologist Dougal Dixon. This strange being, (42)______ humans, has its eyes, ears, and limbs in groups of three (43)_____ of pairs but, despite its (44)_____________ appearance, its behavior is not very different (45) our own.
d. In spite
(46-50). Read the passage below carefully and choose the correct answer a, b, c or d.
A few years ago the Americans sent a spacecraft to examine Venus. However, when it was near Venus, it was necessary to alter its direction slightly by means of a computer. They tried to do this by typing the Fortran statement: DO 3 1 = 1.3. Unfortunately, this statement was incorrect because there was a comma instead of a full stop. The correct statement would have sent the spacecraft very close to Venus, but the incorrect statement sent the spacecraft into outer space. Several billion dollars were wasted as a result of such a mistake.
46. Why did the Americans launch a spacecraft?
a. to look for Venus
b. to look up Venus
c. to look over Venus
d. to look after Venus
47. Which of the following is not true?
a. The spacecraft suddenly changed its direction.
b. The apacecraft needed to be changed the direction before reaching Venus.
c. A computer was used to change the direction of the spacecraft.
d. There was a mistake in the Fortran statement typed.
48. What happened to the spacecraft then?
a. It was sent very close to Venus,
b. It was sent away from Venus,
c. It made an orbit of the Venus,
d. It was launched into Venus again.
49. What should the correct Fortran statement be?
a. DO 3,1 = 1 3
b. DO 3,1 = 1.3
c. DO 3.1 = 1,3
d. DO 3 1 = 1,3
50. What can be inferred from the text?
a. An enormous amount of money was raised for the program.
b. What seemed to be a minor mistake could cause a great problem.
c. Billions of dollars were wasted because of a computer failure.
d. The incorrect statement was caused by a computer error.
(51-55). Choose the sentence (a, b, c or d) that is almost the same in meaning as the sentence given.
51. It’s waste of time to try and explain anything to Tony.
a. Tony should be given explanations.
b. It’s not worth the time trying to explain anything to Tony.
c. To save time, explain it to Tony.
d. It’s well worth trying to explain things to Tony.
52. It never occurred to me to go by train.
a. I used to go by train.
b. I was used to going by train,
c. I never thought of going by train,
d. I never find it boring to go by train.
53. In all probability, he is coming.
a. He is very likely to come.
b. He is bound not to come,
c. Undoubtedly, he will come.
d. He is coming very soon.
54. It was a long time when I went to the movies,
a. I spent a long time going to the movies.
b. I have gone to the movies for a long time.
c. It took me a long time to go to the movies.
d. The last time I went to the movies was a long time ago.
55. ‘Would you mind if I smoked here?’ said the man.
a. The man wanted me to smoke in there.
b. The man warned me not to smoke in there.
c. The man asked for permission to smoke in there.
d. The man offered me a cigarette to smoke in there.
(56-60). Write complete sentences using the suggested words.
56. Millions/ cards/ send/ Christmas
57. This dictionary was/ expensive/ we/ expect
58. The car/ expensive/ nobody/ afford it
59. While 1/ dinner/ phone/ ring//
60. You/ pass/ examination/ unless/ work harder
6. b 7. c 8. c 9. a 10. b
11. d 12. a 13. a 14. d
15. b 16. c 17. d 18. c
19. a 20. d 21. c 22. d
23. c 24. a 25. a
26. A (change)
27. B (not to discuss)
28. B (interesting)
29. B (disappointment)
30. D (homework)
36. c 37. a 38. b 39. d
40. a 41. c 42. b 43. a
44. d 45. b 46. c 47. a
48. b 49. d 50. b
56. Millions of cards are sent at Christmas.
57. This dictionary was more expensive than we had expected.
58. The car is so expensive that nobody can afford it.
59. While I was having dinner, the phone rang.
60. You won’t pass the examination unless you work harder.