Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh – Đề số 17 (Có đáp án)
(1-3). Choose the word whose underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others.
1. a. audience b. August c. laugh d. taught
2. a. expression b. delicious c. situation d. furniture
3. a. mechanic b. machine c. chef d. brochure
(4-5). Choose the word whose main stress pattern is not the same as that of the others.
II. GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY
(6-25). Choose the word or phrase (a, b, c or d) that best fits the blank space in each sentence.
6. People wants friends they can rely_________ .
7. She burst _______ laughing – she couldn’t help herself.
8. Next summer we’re going______a trip to Canada.
9. I’m bored sleeping and watching TV all day.
10. I think the food has gone _______. It smells awful.
11. I couldn’t use the pay phone, _______I didn’t have any coins with me.
d. even though
12. ______him, people named the school after him.
a. To remember
b. For remember
13. Listen! They ______ about the exhibition. Let’s join them, a, talk it.
c. are talking
d. have talked
14. If you _______ a chance to study in a foreign country, just take it.
c. will get
d. had got
15. _____ I borrow your cellphone? ~ Sure. Here you are.
16. _____ you have told us!
a. What good news
b. What a good news
c. How good news
d. How good a news
17. I like living in the countryside. It’s_______ living in a town.
a. peaceful than
b. more peaceful than
c. more peaceful as
d. the most peaceful
18. I asked him whether_______ any plans for his coming holiday.
a. does he have
b. he has
c. did he have
d. he had
19. He got his sister_______ him with his homework.
b. to help
20. John didn’t go to the party because he__________ .
a. didn’t invite
b. hadn’t invited
c. haven’t been invited
d. wasn’t invited
21. I wish I_______ have to go to school tomorrow, but unfortunately I do.
22. Sarah couldn’t meet us,________ was a pity.
23. 100 meters______ a long distance to travel by car.
24. I think your house really needs________ .
a. for repainting
b. to repaint
c. being repainted
d. to be repainted
25. ‘Would you mind waiting for a few minutes?’ ‘_________ ’
a. Not at all
b. Never mind.
c. You’re welcome.
d. Of course, I wouldn’t.
(26-30). Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting.
26. Marta along with (A) her cousins from New York are(B) planning to attend (C) the rice-cooking (D) festival.
27. I’m (A) usually (B) right about the weather, amn’t (C) I (D) ?
28. Could (A) you mind telling me (B) the way to (C) the nearest (D) restaurant?
29. A good (A) teacher makes her students to view (B) the world from (C) new perspectives (D) .
30. Sarah has been (A) working(B) for (C) the company from (D) 1992.
(31-35). Use the correct form of the word given in each sentence.
31. The label identifies the products that are least______ to the environment, (harm)
32. I find the nature world endlessly_______ . (fascinate)
33. Murphy retired at the end of a 30-year_______ career, (teach)
34. The team put in an excellent_________ at the World Cup. (perform)
35. UFO means________ Flying Object, (identify)
(36-45). Choose the word or phrase (a, b, c or d) that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
Social media can be (36)______ as web-based and mobile media that are used for people to interact, connect and communicate (37)_________ each other. Social media are different from (38)________ media. In the past, media was created from one place, normally a company. Then the company would (39)_________ the media to consumers. Magazines, books and movies are all (40)__________ of this. But with social rriedia, many (41)_________ people in different locations create content. Another difference is that people (42)_________ produce content in social media don’t need very special skills. On the other (43)____________ , in traditional media, people need special skills to produce something. Another difference is that social media can be produced (44)_______ faster. It takes only a few minutes to write a twitter post, for example. But it can take many months to put together a magazine, or years to _______ (45) a movie.
a. send out
b. make into
c. bring round
d. take in
41. a. separately
(46-50). Read the passage below carefully and choose the correct answer a, b, c or d.
Public libraries, maintained by the local authorities, are well developed and progressive, and everywhere allow people to borrow books without charge. The books in the lending section are always kept on open shelves, and library staffs are very helpful in getting books on request from other libraries through the exchange system. Most libraries report an increase in borrowing over the past few years, so television does not seem to be stopping people from reading, as it was feared that it would.
46. Public libraries__________ .
a. are built by the local government
b. are supported by the state government
c. allow people to read and borrow books with no money
d. are not popular now .
47. Any book which is not available in one library___________ .
a. won’t be available at any library
b. discourages people from using libraries
c. can be found in other library
d. can be brought from another
48. According to the passage, people nowadays____________ .
a. prefer watching TV to reading
b. are using public libraries more than they used to in the past
c. read a lot but don’t use the libraries much
d. complain about the poor services the libraries are offering
49. The passage gives us the impression that public libraries___________ .
a. do not cooperate with each other at all
b. are no longer receiving any support from local authorities
c. are competing with private libraries
d. are working extremely efficiently at present
50. Which of the following is not true?
a. Books are always kept on open shelves in public libraries.
b. Books are available free of charge from public libraries.
c. It was feared that television would stop people from reading.
d. Public libraries cooperate with each other very well now.
(51-55). Choose the sentence (a, b, c or d) that has different meaning to the root one.
51. We last went to London two years ago.
a. We haven’t been to London for two years.
b. It’s two years since we last went to London.
c. We have been in London for two years.
d. The last time we went to London was two years ago.
52. The picture is so high that Tom can’t reach it.
a. The picture is too high for Tom to reach.
b. Tom is such a tall boy that he can reach the picture.
c. Tom is not tall enough to reach the picture.
d. Tom is too short to reach the picture.
53. Study harder or you won’t pass the exam.
a. If you don’t study harder, you won’t pass the exam.
b. Unless you study harder, you will fail the exam.
c. If you don’t study harder, you will fail the exam.
d. If you don’t pass the exam, you will have to study harder.
54. Despite the heavy storm, we managed to get home.
a. Although the storm was heavy, we got home.
b. The heavy storm prevented us from getting home.
c. In spite of the fact that the storm was heavy, we succeeded in getting home.
d. The heavy storm didn’t stop us getting home.
55. ‘Let’s buy some vegetables for dinner.’
a. Why didn’t you buy some vegetables for dinner?
b. I suggest buying some vegetables for dinner.
c. Why don’t we buy some vegetable for dinner?
d. How about buying some vegetables for dinner?
(56-60). Write complete sentences using the suggested words.
56. we/ really enjoy/ trip/ mountain/ last weekend/ though/ rain/ very heavy//
57. candidates/ not allow/ use/ dictionaries/ the exam//
58. we/ go swimming/ if/ weather/ enough/ warm//
59. 1/ wish/ have/ more time/ take/ pen pal/ many beauty spots/ city//
60. my father/ used/ take/ zoo/ when/ 1/ be/ child//
6. b 7. d 8. c 9. b 10. d
11. c 12. a 13. c 14. a
15. c 16. a 17. b 18. d
19. b 20. d 21. b 22. d
23. a 24. d 25. a
26. B (is)
27. C (aren’t)
28. A (Would)
29. B (view)
30. D (since)
36. b 37. a 38. d 39. a
40. d 41. c 42. a 43. a
44. d 45. b 46. c 47. d
48. b 49. d 50. b
56. We really enjoyed the trip to the mountain last weekend though it rained very heavily/ the rain was very heavy.
57. Candidates are not allowed to use dictionaries in the exam.
58. We will go swimming if the weather is warm enough.
59. I wish I had more time to take my pen pal to many beauty spots in the city.
60. My father used to take me to the zoo when I was a child.