Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh – Đề số 5 (Có đáp án)
Để giúp các em học tập và ôn thi vào lớp 10. Cùng chia sẻ với các thầy cô, cùng các em học sinh đề thi thư vào lớp 10 THPT môn tiếng Anh.
Chúc các em học tốt, thi tốt.
(1-3). Choose the word whose underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others.
1. a. author b. ethnic c. health d. gather
2. a. flew b. drew c. knew d. grew
3. a. celebrate b. capture c. conserve d. comprise
(4-5). Choose the word whose main stress pattern is not the same as that of the others.
II. GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY
(6-20). Choose the word or phrase (a, b, c or d) that best fits the blank space in each sentence.
6. Those boys are addicted_______ computer games.
7. They will finish the work
8. The design and material used for men were different___ __those used for women.
9. We have to start early______ we won’t be late.
a. so that
10. Will you buy an electric car when they_______ available?
c. are becoming
d. will become
11. Everybody must take part in________.
12. Neil Armstrong,________ first walked in the moon, lived in the USA.
13. Baird produced the first TV picture in 1926,_________ ?
a. didn’t he
b. wasn’t he
c. doesn’t he
d. hasn’t he
14. Traditionally, the ao dai_________ by both men and women.
a. frequently wore
b. was frequent worn
c. worn frequently
d. was frequently worn
15. We______wear helmets in order to keep the traffic law and protect ourselves.
16. She asked me if I ______ any other language.
c. can speak
d. would speak
17. Internet bars mustn’t let anybody_______ bad things.
b. to watch
18. Would you be______ to hold the door open?
a. too kind b.
b. so kind
c. kind enough
d. as kind
19. It’s a pity you live so far away. I wish you________ .
a. lived nearer
b. live near
c. lived near
d. live nearer
20. Tm really sorry about that!’_______ ‘_____ !’
a. That’s right
b. Of course
c. You’re welcome
d. It’s OK
(21-25). Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, C or D) that needs correcting.
21. Should I(A) be out when you call, just leave (B) a message with (C) my assistant? (D)
22. If I have many (A) homework(B) to do, I will not be (C) able to attend (D) the meeting.
23. When I arrived (A) home, my father was reading(B) the newspaper and (C) my mother watched (D) TV.
24. Most of (A) their farm (B) work used to do (C) by hand (D).
25. In the (A) United States, Mother’s (B) Day is celebrated (C) on second (D) Sunday in May.
(26-30). Use the correct form of the word given in each sentence.
26. It was completely_______because of poor planning. (fail)
27. Reduce means not buying products which are_______. (package)
28. We find the rice-cooking contest________. (interest)
29. The main source of income for most newspapers is_______ advertising. (commerce)
30. Computers were a wonderful_______at the time, (invent)
(31-38). Choose the word or phrase (a, b, c or d) that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
Every child in Great Britain between the age of five and fifteen must 31)____ school. There are three main types of educational institutions: primary (elementary) schools, (32)____ schools, and universities. State schools are free, and attendance is (33)________ . Morning school begins at nine o’clock and (34)______ until half past four. School is open five days a week. On Saturdays and Sundays there are (35)______ lessons. There are holidays at Christmas, Easter and in summer. In London as in all cities there are two grades of state schools for (36)______ who will go to work at fifteen: primary schools for boys and girls (37)______ the ages of five and eleven, and secondary schools for children from eleven to fifteen years. The lessons are: reading, writing, the English language, English literature, English history, geography, science, (38)______ study, drawing, painting, singing, woodwork and drill (physical training).
38. a. Nature
(39-43). Read the passage below and then decided whether the statements that follow are True or False.
Lunar New Year, or Tet, is Vietnam’s main holiday. It is the biggest and the most important occasion in the year which falls sometime between 19th January and 20 February on the Western calendar.
Tefs preparations and celebrations used to be spread over months, but nowadays the holiday is much shorter. However, a great deal of excitement still builds up well before Tet. Shops are full of goods. People are busy buying gifts, cleaning and decorating their houses and cooking traditional foods such as bank chung, bank tet.
On the days of Tet, people visit other family members and friends, and they exchange New Year’s wishes. Children receive their “lucky money” inside red envelopes. Both children and adults take part in games and various forms of entertainment. Tet is really a time of fun and festivals throughout the country.
39. Tet or Lunar New Year holiday is the most important celebration for Vietnamese people. (T/F)
40. Tet is always on 20th February on the Western calendar. (T/F)
41. Nowadays, Tet lasts longer than it used to be. (T/F)
42. According to the text, “lucky money” is given to everyone at Tet. (T/F)
43. Tet is a great occasion of joy and of entertainment. (T/F)
(44-46). Choose the best sentence (a, b, c or d) made from the given cues.
44. cars/ fast and comfortable/ than/ motorcycles//
a. Cars are faster and more comfortable than motorcycles.
b. Cars are more fast and comfortable than motorcycles are.
c. Cars are faster and comfortable than motorcycles are.
d. Cars are fast and comfortable than motorcycles.’
45. how/ spend/ homework?//
a. How much time you spend on doing your homework?
b. How long do you spend to do your homework?
c. How much time do you spend oil your homework?
d. How do you spend your time in your homework?
46. The children/ enjoy/ take/ Dam Sen Water Park//
a. The children enjoy taking to Dam Sen Water Park.
b. The children enjoy to take to Dam Sen Water Park.
c. The children enjoy being taken to Dam Sen Water Park.
d. The children enjoy to be taken to Dam Sen Water Park.
(47-50). Rewrite the sentences so that they are nearest in meaning to the sentence printed before them.
47. Please don’t play your music so loudly.
Would you mind________________________________________________ ?
48. Let’s go camping tomorrow.
Why don’t_____________________________________________________ ?
49. Children shouldn’t swim in this pool because it is too deep.
This pool is not_________________________________________________
50. The house is really beautiful!
21. D (.)
22. A (much)
23. D (was watching)
24. C (to be done)
25. D (the second)
47. Would you mind not playing your music so loudly?
48. Why don’t we go camping tomorrow?
49. This pool is no shallow enough for childen to swim in.
50. What a beautiful house!