Đề thi vào lớp 10 môn tiếng Anh – Đề số 7 (Có đáp án)
(1-3). Choose the word whose underlined part pronounced differently from that of the others.
1. a. Computer b. situation c. telephone d. teacher
2. a. look b. good c. school d. foot
3. a. pleased b. smoked c. stopped d. missed
(4-5). Choose the word whose main stress pattern is not the same as that of the others.
II. GRAMMAR AND VOCABULARY
(6-20). Choose the word or phrase (a, b, c or d) that best fits the blank space in each sentence.
6. Wearing uniforms helps poor students feel equal________
7. Most children are fond________ fairy tales.
8. The kids are watching cartoons ________ the Disney Chanel.
9. _____ you change your mind, I won’t be able to help you.
a. If only
10. Can you tell me when_______ is? ~ It’s on the third Sunday in June.
a. Mother’s Day
b. Father’s Day
c. Teacher’s Day
d. Thanksgiving Day
11. If I have any more news, you’ll be the first________ .
b. to know
d. who will know
12. I’ll have my hair______this afternoon.
a. to cut
c. cuts cut
13. You don’t know where Sarah is,________ ?
a. do you
b. don’t you
c. is she
d. isn’t she
14. The story was so funny that I couldn’t help________ when I read it.
b. to laugh
d. my laugh
15. We often give him ________by e-mail.
a. a good information
b. some good informations’
c. some good information
d. many piece of information
18. He wants to know if there _____ an English test tomorrow.
c. will be
d. would be
17. What______ in your spare time? Do you have any hobbies?
a. do you do
b. are you doing
c. have you done
d. will you do
18. It was so .quiet that it seemed ; the earth had stopped.
b. only if
c. as if
19. Why don’t you do something worthwhile with your time instead of just
20. ‘Well done. You did great.’ ‘__________’
a. It’s nice of you to say so
b. Not at all
c. It’s OK now
d. With all my heart
(21-25). Choose the underlined word or phrase (A, B, c or D) that needs correcting.
21. The film was so (A) bored (B) that I felt asleep (C) in the middle (D).
22. School children in (A) the same grade (B) are usually the same old (C) as (D) their classmates.
23. The advertising (A) agency which (B) has had the highest (C) sales worldwidely (D) is Dentsu Inc.
34. It is high (A) time that the Wildlife Department addresses (B) the problem of (C) animal ownership (D).
25. I can’t understand how (A) something weighs (B) two hundred (C) tons can flỵ (D) .
(26-30). Use the correct form of the word given in each sentence.
26. Many scientists do not believe in the_____________ of UFOs. (exist)
27. Although they are very rich, they are living _______________ . (happy)
28. Fluoride__________ your teeth, thus preventing tooth decay, (strong)
29. Only the very __J_______ could afford to travel overseas, (wealth)
30. She gained international______________ as a tennis player, (famous)
(31-38). Choose the word or phrase (a, b, c or d) that best fits the blank space in the following passage.
About twenty per cent of the world’s present (31)_______ already comes from the sun in one form or another. Special devices have already been made available to put on the roof of houses and flats to (32)______ the sun’s rays and thus heat water. Thousands of these devices are now being used to provide (33)________ in homes throughout the United States while more than a million solar water-heating units have already been (34)____ in homes in Japan. Other purposes for (35)_____ solar energy is at present being used include the separation of salt (36)___________ seawater, irrigation and sewage disposal. For most people in developing countries, the (37)___________ is not for air conditioners or central heating (38)________ for cheap ways of cooking food, drying crops and lighting homes.
(39-43). Read the passage below and then decided whether the statements that follow are True or False.
Nhi is holidaying in Australia. This is part of a letter which she wrote to her parents.
I’m really enjoying my holiday in Australia. Last Sunday I visited a marine park called Sea World, which is at Surfers Paradise near Brisbane. It’s Australia’s largest marine park and I had a wonderful day there.
The first thing I saw was the Oceanarium, which is a place where you can watch all sorts of sea fish and animals underwater. There were huge turtle, sharks and beautiful tropical sea fish. The most exciting thing was watching a man feeding the sharks. Then I watched the performing animals. The show was in a big outdoor swimming pool. There were killer whales, and sea lions, and they did all sorts of fantastic things in the water.
One of the girls in the show rode around the pool on the back of a killer whale, and another girl rode under water on the back of a big turtle. After the show, I had lunch. There were several big restaurants in the park and I had lunch in a restaurant that was shaped like a ship. Then I watched a wonderful water-ski show which was held on the lake.
There were lots of other things to do at the park. There was lake cruising, a train ride, a big water slide, swimming pools, and an incredible roller-coaster called the Corkscrew! – because it goes through three loops upside down. But I wish I had gone on the roller-coaster ride before lunch rather than after it.
I’m sending you some postcards to show you how great it was.
39. Nhi watched a man feeding sharks in an outdoor swimming pool. (T/F)
40. Nhi spent all the morning at Sea World Park. (T/F)
41. Killer whales and sea lions were stars of the show Nhi watched. (T/F)
42. After lunch Nhi watched the water-ski show. (T/F)
43. Nhi didn’t have enough time to ride on the roller-coaster. (T/F)
(44-46). Choose the sentence (a, b, c or d) that is almost the same in meaning as the sentence given.
44. We played too well to be worried by our defeat.
a. Although we didn’t play well, we won the match.
b. We didn’t play well so we lost the match.
c. We played quite well but lost the match.
d. We played well and won the match.
45. ‘That library book must be returned within one week.
a. The book was brought back last week.
b. The book should have been returned a week ago.
c. The book has already been borrowed for a week.
d. The book can’t be kept longer than a week.
46. In the class of twenty-five, Jeanne is the third best student.
a. No other student is as smart as Jeanne.
b. The class has only three smart students.
c. Two students are smarter than Jeanne.
d. Jeanne is not as smart as most of the other students.
(47-50). Rewrite the sentences so that they are nearest in meaning to the sentence printed before them.
47. The last time I saw my uncle was in 1999.
I haven’t ______________________________________________________
48. My car is going to be checked next Sunday.
49. My sister prefers reading a book to watching TV.
My sister would rather_____________________________________________
50. The test I did yesterday was so difficult that I couldn’t finish it in an hour.
Yesterday I did such______________________________________________
21. B (boring)
22. C (age)
23. D (worldwide)
24. C (existence)
25. C (that weighs)
47. I haven’t seen my uncle since 1999.
48. I’m going to have my car checked next Sunday
49. My sister would rather read a book than watch TV.
50. Yesterday I did such a difficult test that I couldn’t finish it in an hour.